ISOSHLD Analysis for storing transuranic ion exchange columns [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 49 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The objective of the ISOSHLD Analysis is to estimate the thickness of concrete shielding necessary to store the KE Fuel Storage Basin transuranic ion exchange columns above ground. The quantity of radioactive material was taken from the tables in PNL-IX-IR-0004, ``Best Estimate of Radionuclide Inventories by Canister.`` The cesium activity was based on a mass balance. The exposure rate (R/hr) was slightly higher in the resulting ISOSHLD model than actually measured due to possible measurement errors and conservative assumptions in the computer model
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/25/1995., "whc-sd-snf-pdc--001", "DE96050023", and Mills, W.C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14364288