Simulation of LMFBR [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 2 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The title of this session is taken to imply the system-wide thermohydraulic simulation of liquid metal fast breeder reactors (LMFBR). One is interested in predicting the temperatures, pressures, and the coolant flow rates throughout the entire plant including the reactor core, the primary and secondary sodium heat transport circuits, the steam generating system as well as other auxiliary circuits. Such a simulation is needed for (1) scoping studies (i.e., in the pre-design phase of a plant), (2) detailed design development, (3) the safety analysis (post-design development phase), and (4) the operator training and plant operation. This session emphasizes the simulation of LMFBRs for only two key categories of transients: operational disturbances or events and the post-shutdown heat removal.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
10. international mathematics and computers simulation congress on systems simulation and scientific computation, Montreal, Canada, 9 Aug 1982.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14365201