Benchmarking of flowtran with Mark-22 mockup flow excursion test data from Babcock & Wilcox [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 145 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Version 16.2 of the FLOWTRAN code with a Savannah River Site (SRS) working criterion (St=0.00455) for the onset of significant void (OSV) was benchmarked against power and flow excursion data derived from tests at the Babcock & Wilcox Alliance Research Center test facility. This document presents analyses which show that FLOWTRAN accurately predicts the mockup test assembly thermal-hydraulic behavior during the steady state and LOCA transient conditions, and that FLOWTRAN with a Savannah River Site (SRS) working limits criterion (St=0.00455) conservatively predicts the OFI power.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1990., "wsrc-tr--90-97", "DE92017945", and Chen, Juo-Fu.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 06/01/1990 - 06/01/1990
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14365601