TMI-2 Vessel Investigation Project integration report [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 163 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Three Mile Island Unit 2 (TMI-2) Vessel Investigation Project (VIP) was an international effort that was sponsored by the Nuclear Energy Agency of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. The primary objectives of the VIP were to extract and examine samples from the lower head and to evaluate the potential modes of failure and the margin of structural integrity that remained in the TMI-2 reactor vessel during the accident. This report presents a summary of the major findings and conclusions that were developed from research during the VIP. Results from the various elements of the project are integrated to form a cohesive understanding of the vessel`s condition after the accident.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Rempe, J. L.; Korth, G. E.; Wolf, J. R.; Stickler, L. A.; Diercks, D. R.; Neimark, L. A.; Akers, D W; Schuetz, B. K.; Shearer, T L; Chavez, S. A.; Thinnes, G. L.; Witt, R. J.; Corradini, M L; Kos, J. A.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 03/01/1994 - 03/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14365819