Perspectives on reactor safety [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 579 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) maintains a technical training center at Chattanooga, Tennessee to provide appropriate training to both new and experienced NRC employees. This document describes a one-week course in reactor, safety concepts. The course consists of five modules: (1) historical perspective; (2) accident sequences; (3) accident progression in the reactor vessel; (4) containment characteristics and design bases; and (5) source terms and offsite consequences. The course text is accompanied by slides and videos during the actual presentation of the course.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Camp, A.L.; Haskin, F.E.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 03/01/1994 - 03/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14365834