Irradiation performance of full-length metallic IFR fuels [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An assembly irradiation of 169 full-length U-Pu-Zr metallic fuel pins was successfully completed in FFTF to a goal burnup of 10 at.%. All test fuel pins maintained their cladding integrity during the irradiation. Postirradiation examination showed minimal fuel/cladding mechanical interaction and excellent stability of the fuel column. Fission-gas release was normal and consistent with the existing data base from irradiation testing of shorter metallic fuel pins in EBR-II.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1992., "anl/cp--74935", " conf-921003--8", "DE92041095", ANP`92: international conference on design and safety of advanced nuclear power plants,Tokyo (Japan),25-29 Oct 1992., and Neimark, L.A.; Tsai, H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14366231