CONACS [electronic resource] : the DOE safety analysis system
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The CONtainment Analysis Code System (CONACS) is a large, comprehensive scientific simulation system for predicting conditions in an LMR facility following the occurrence of a postulated accident. It has now been developed to a stage of completion that can be referred to as a limited operational version. This version forms a permanent portion of the ultimate system. Because CONACS was developed with change in mind, it is now possible to draw on this strength to respond to changing requirements arising from advanced design concepts. The generalized design applications in the nuclear and non-nuclear fields and the quality assurance applied to the project make those adaptations reliable. In this paper the results of prototype tests and the implications of limited version tests are presented along with a brief description of CONACS and its relationship to LMR design optimization and cost reduction.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ANS/ENS fast reactor safety meeting, Knoxville, TN, USA, 21 Apr 1985.
Armstrong, G.R.; Martin, F.J.; Niccoli, L.G.
Hanford Engineering Development Lab., Richland, WA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14366483