Spot weld attachment of thermocouples to a fuel rod cladding interior surface [electronic resource].
- Richland, Wash. : Pacific Northwest Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Research was conducted by Pacific Northwest Laboratory to weld 0.020-inch-diameter thermocouples to the interior surface of Zircaloy 4 light-water reactor fuel cladding. Inconel sheathed Type K thermocouples were attached to fuel cladding to register cladding temperatures during loss-of-coolant accident testing. This report describes the development of welding parameters and the effects of thermocouple attachment on the burst strength and integrity of the cladding at temperatures up to 1550/sup 0/F.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnl-4589
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bates, S.O.; Page, R.E.; Pilger, J.P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14366552