Annular Flow Distribution test. Final report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 121 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report documents the Babcock and Wilcox (B&W) Annular Flow Distribution testing for the Savannah River Laboratory (SRL). The objective of the Annular Flow Distribution Test Program is to characterize the flow distribution between annular coolant channels for the Mark-22 fuel assembly with the bottom fitting insert (BFI) in place. Flow rate measurements for each annular channel were obtained by establishing ``hydraulic similarity`` between an instrumented fuel assembly with the BFI removed and a ``reference`` fuel assembly with the BFI installed. Empirical correlations of annular flow rates were generated for a range of boundary conditions.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1990., "wsrc-tr--90-551", "DE92018135", and Reed, M.J.; Knoll, K.E.; Kielpinski, A.L.; Manolescu, M.I.; Childerson, M.T.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 12/01/1990 - 12/01/1990
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14366610