Aspects of microwave-heating uniformity [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1983.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 26 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Interest has been shown in the field of nuclear reactor safety in the use of microwave heating to simulate the nuclear heat source. The objective of the investigation reported here was to evaluate the usefulness of microwave dielectric heating as a simulator of the nuclear heat source in experiments which simulate the process of boiling of molten mixtures of nuclear fuel and steel. This paper summarizes the results of studies of several aspects of energy deposition in dielectric liquid samples which are exposed to microwave radiation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-nureg-33096
E 1.99: conf-831111-4
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ASME winter annual meeting, Boston, MA, USA, 13 Nov 1983.
Ginsberg, T.; Makowitz, H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14366783