SP-100 Test Site [electronic resource].
- Pittsburgh, Pa. : Westinghouse Electric Corporation, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Preparatory activities are well under way at Hanford to convert the 309 Containment Building and its associated service wing to a 2.5 MWt nuclear test facility for the SP-100 Ground Engineering System (GES) test. Preliminary design is complete, encompassing facility modifications, a secondary heat transport system, a large vacuum system to enclose the high temperature reactor, a test assembly cell and handling system, control and data processing systems, and safety and auxiliary systems. The design makes extensive use of existing equipment to minimize technical risk and cost. Refurbishment of this equipment is 75% complete. The facility has been cleared of obstructing equipment from its earlier reactor test. Current activities are focusing on definitive design and preparation of the Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) aimed at procurement and construction approvals and schedules to achieve reactor criticality by January 1992. 6 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
5. symposium on space nuclear power systems, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 11 Jan 1988.
Mahaffey, M.K.; Cox, C.M.; Miller, W.C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14367119