Automated pattern recognition system for noise analysis [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A pattern recognition system was developed at ORNL for on-line monitoring of noise signals from sensors in a nuclear power plant. The system continuousy measures the power spectral density (PSD) values of the signals and the statistical characteristics of the PSDs in unattended operation. Through statistical comparison of current with past PSDs (pattern recognition), the system detects changes in the noise signals. Because the noise signals contain information about the current operational condition of the plant, a change in these signals could indicate a change, either normal or abnormal, in the operational condition.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1980., "conf-800607-42", American Nuclear Society annual meeting, Las Vegas, NV, USA, 8 Jun 1980., and Piety, K.R.; Sides, W.H. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14367205