BWR stability analysis at Brookhaven National Laboratory [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (20 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Following the unexpected, but safely terminated, power and flow oscillations in the LaSalle-2 Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) on March 9, 1988, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Offices of Nuclear Reactor Regulation (NRR) and of Analysis and Evaluation of Operational Data (AEOD) requested that the Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research (RES) carry out BWR stability analyses, centered around fourteen specific questions. Ten of the fourteen questions address BWR stability issues in general and are dealt with in this paper. The other four questions address local, out-of-phase oscillations and matters of instrumentation; they fall outside the scope of the work reported here. It was the purpose of the work documented in this report to answer ten of the fourteen NRC-stipulated questions. Nine questions are answered by analyzing the LaSalle-2 instability and related BWR transients with the BNL Engineering Plant Analyzer (EPA) and by performing an uncertainty assessment of the EPA predictions. The tenth question is answered on the basis of first principles. The ten answers are summarized
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1991., "bnl-nureg-46531", " conf-911079--31", "DE92014167", 19. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) water reactor safety information meeting, Bethesda, MD (United States), 28-30 Oct 1991., and Cheng, H.S.; Rohatgi, U.S.; Wulff, W.; Mallen, A.N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14367226