Detection of damage in structures from changes in their dynamic (modal) properties [electronic resource] : a survey
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 274 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Much of the newly developed technology in vibration measurement, digital signal processing and parameter identification can be utilized for monitoring the integrity of a variety of structural components in nuclear power plants. Although vibration levels in certain key components such as coolant pumps, turbo generators and the reactor core are currently monitored, simple checking of overall vibration levels is often not a sensitive enough indicator of impending failure in a structure. A more sophisticated approach to signal processing is examined which involves the identification of parameters describing the so called modes of vibration of a vibrating structure.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-15103
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Structural Measurement Systems, Inc., Santa Clara, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14367289