Probability based load combinations for design of category I structures [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper discusses a reliability analysis method and a procedure for developing the load combination design criteria for category I structures. For safety evaluation of category I concrete structures under various static and dynamic loads, a probability-based reliability analysis method has been developed. This reliability analysis method is also used as a tool for determining the load factors for design of category I structures. In this paper, the load combinations for design of concrete containments, corresponding to a target limit state probability of 1.0 x 10/sup -6/ in 4 years, are described. A comparison of containments designed using the ASME code and the proposed design criteria is also presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1985., "bnl-nureg-36346", " conf-850809-63", "TI85012503", 8. international conference on structural mechanics in reactor technology, Brussels, Belgium, 19 Aug 1985., and Reich, M.; Hwang, H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14367752