Program to solve the multigroup discrete ordinates transport equation in (x,y,z) geometry [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 57 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Numerical formulations and programming algorithms are given for the THREETRAN computer program which solves the discrete ordinates, multigroup transport equation in (x,y,z) geometry. An efficient, flexible, and general data-handling strategy is derived to make use of three hierarchies of storage: small core memory, large core memory, and disk file. Data management, input instructions, and sample problem output are described. A six-group, S/sub 4/, 18 502 mesh point, 2 800 zone, k/sub eff/ calculation of the ZPPR-4 critical assembly required 144 min of CDC-7600 time to execute to a convergence tolerance of 5 x 10/sup -4/ and gave results in good qualitative agreement with experiment and other calculations. 6 references
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Los Alamos Scientific Lab., N.Mex. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14367941