PWR plant transient analyses using TRAC-PF1 [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1984. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper describes some of the pressurized water reactor (PWR) transient analyses performed at Los Alamos for the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission using the Transient Reactor Analysis Code (TRAC-PF1). Many of the transient analyses performed directly address current PWR safety issues. Included in this paper are examples of two safety issues addressed by TRAC-PF1. These examples are pressurized thermal shock (PTS) and feed-and-bleed cooling for Oconee-1. The calculations performed were plant specific in that details of both the primary and secondary sides were modeled in addition to models of the plant integrated control systems. The results of these analyses show that for these two transients, the reactor cores remained covered and cooled at all times posing no real threat to the reactor system nor to the public.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1984., "la-ur-83-2372", " conf-841075-2", "DE84015527", International thermal hydraulics and plant operations topical meeting, Taipei, Taiwan, 22 Oct 1984., and Boyack, B.E.; Ireland, J.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368000