SOLA-LOOP analysis of a back pressure check valve [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The SOLA-LOOP computer code for transient, nonequilibrium, two-phase flows in networks has been coupled with a simple valve model to analyze a feedwater pipe breakage with a back-pressure check valve. Three tests from the Superheated Steam Reactor Safety Program Project (PHDR) at Kahl, West Germany, are analyzed, and the calculated transient back-pressure check valve behavior and fluid dynamics effects are found to be in excellent agreement with the experimentally measured data.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-84-1620
E 1.99: conf-8405164-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
IAEA technical committee/workshop on the uses of computer codes for nuclear reactor safety analysis, Varna, Bulgaria, 29 May 1984.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368066