Low-pressure cutoff for melt dispersal from reactor cavities [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A series of debris dispersal experiments using a 1/42-scale model of the Surry cavity without internal structure was performed. The experimental data showed that in addition to the Kutateladze number (based upon the area averaged gas velocity), the fraction of melt simulant retained within the cavity was also dependent upon the hole size and the density of the driver gas. A correlation that fit all the data reasonably in the region of the debris dispersal threshold was used to develop a low-pressure cutoff criteria for debris dispersal for the Surry cavity. 8 refs., 7 figs., 3 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Joint meeting of the European Nuclear Society and the American Nuclear Society, Washington, DC, USA, 30 Oct 1988.
Ginsberg, T.; Tutu, N.K.; Finfrock, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368139