Peach Bottom turbine-trip Test 3 analysis with RELAP5 code [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1983. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Peach Bottom turbine trip tests provide excellent benchmark problems for transient analysis of a boiling water reactor (BWR). Analyses of the three turbine trip tests with the RELAP3B/BNL-TWIGL, RETRAN and other codes have been documented. The non-equilibrium, two fluid thermal-hydraulic code-RELAP5/MOD1 was recently used to analyze the test at low power, Test 1. This paper presents the analysis of the more severe transient, Test 3, with the RELAP5 code and provides a comparison of the calculated water level with the measurement. In addition, a method has been developed to expedite the establishment of a steady state condition via the plant control system and simple computer code modifications. Using the results of this analysis, the capability of the RELAP5 code will be assessed and the areas requiring further improvement will be shown.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1983., "bnl-nureg-33280", " conf-831047-44", "DE83015151", American Nuclear Society winter meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 30 Oct 1983., and Lu, M.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368294