Reliability of fast reactor mixed-oxide fuel during operational transients [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (28 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Results are presented from the cooperative DOE and PNC Phase 1 and 2 operational transient testing programs conducted in the EBR-2 reactor. The program includes second (D9 and PNC 316 cladding) and third (FSM, AST and ODS cladding) generation mixed-oxide fuel pins. The irradiation tests include duty cycle operation and extended overpower tests. the results demonstrate the capability of second generation fuel pins to survive a wide range of duty cycle and extended overpower events. 15 refs., 9 figs., 4 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International conference on fast reactor systems and fuel cycles, Kyoto (Japan), 27 Oct - 1 Nov 1991.
Neimark, L.A.; Tsai, Hanchung; Katsuragawa, M.; Boltax, A.; Shikakura, S. . Oarai Engineering Center.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368347