Effect of shape reactivity on the rod-ejection accident [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The shape reactivity has a significant influence on the rod ejection accident. After the control rod is fully ejected from the core, the neutron flux undergoes a large reduction at the ejected rod location. The corresponding effect on the control reactivity is comparable in magnitude to the Doppler reactivity, and makes a significant contribution to limiting the power excursion during the transient. The neglect of this effect in point kinetics and space time synthesis analyses of the rod ejection accident may account in part for the large degree of conservatism usually associated with these analyses.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society topical conference on computational methods, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 28 Mar 1983.
Carew, J.F.; Neogy, P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368428