Incorporation of various uncertainties in dependent failure-probability estimation. [PWR] [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper describes an approach that allows the incorporation of various types of uncertainties in the estimation of dependent failure (common mode failure) probability. The types of uncertainties considered are attributable to data, modeling and coupling. The method developed is applied to a class of dependent failures, i.e., multiple human failures during testing, maintenance and calibration. Estimation of these failures is critical as they have been shown to be significant contributors to core melt probability in pressurized water reactors.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society annual meeting, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 6 Jun 1982.
Mitra, S.P.; Samanta, P.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368599