Analytical support for the ORR (Oak Ridge Research Reactor) whole-core LEU U/sub 3/Si/sub 2/-Al fuel demonstration [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 17 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Analytical methods used to analyze neutronic data from the whole-core LEU fuel demonstration in the Oak Ridge Research Reactor are briefly discussed. Calculated eigenvalues corresponding to measured critical control rod positions are presented for each core used in the gradual transition from an all HEU to an all LEU configuration. Some calculated and measured results, including ..beta../sub eff//l/sub p/, are compared for HEU and LEU fresh fuel criticals. Finally, the perturbing influences of the six voided beam tubes on certain core parameters are examined. For reasons yet to be determined, differential shim rod worths are not well-calculated in partially burned cores.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1986., "conf-861185-9", "DE87004710", Reduced Enrichment for Research and Test Reactors (RERTR) program international meeting, Gatlinburg, TN, USA, 3 Nov 1986., and Bretscher, M.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368769