Preliminary survey, Reactor formation of rhenium-tungsten alloy [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1963. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This document considers the costs of rhenium formation as produced by irradiating tungsten. Two isotopic compositions of tungsten are considered for the study. The cost for reactor-formed rhenium appears to be prohibitively high -- over $20 per gram. This cost would exist for tungsten containing 90% 186, 9, 184, and 1% tungsten 182 and 183. The cost of alloy made fro natural isotopic compositions of tungsten would be higher by a factor of 3, and would take prohibitively long to produce significant quantities of rhenium. Thus, detailed numbers are not shown or considered for the natural isotopic composition of tungsten.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/11/1963., "hw--79593", "DE94011080", and Lang, L.W.; Meichle, R.H.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 11/01/1963 - 11/01/1963
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368790