A simplified approach for predicting radionuclide releases from light water reactor accidents [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (6 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper describes a personal computer-based program (GENSOR) that utilizes a simplified time-dependent approach for predicting the radionuclide releases during postulated reactor accidents. This interactive computer program allows the user to generate simplified source terms based on those severe accident attributes that most influence radionuclide release. The parameters entering this simplified model were derived from existing source term data. These data consists mostly of source term code package (STCP) calculations performed in support of Draft NUREG-1150. An illustrative application of the methodology is presented in this paper. 7 refs., 3 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1990., "bnl-nureg-44449", " conf-910213--5", "DE90016314", Probabilistic safety assessment and management, Beverly Hills, CA (USA), 4-7 Feb 1991., and Nourbakhsh, H.P.; Cazzoli, E.G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14368916