Investigation of hydrogen stratification and its application for the assessment of containment failure modes for a BWR Mark III containment during core meltdown accidents [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The BNL staff have performed an extensive assessment of potential failure modes for core meltdown accidents in a Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) with a Mark III containment. The particular Mark III containment under consideration did not initially include provision for any system to control H/sub 2/ burning, so that H/sub 2/ phenomena were found to be dominant contributors to containment failure. However, all Mark III containments will now have provisions for the control of H/sub 2/ burning, which will influence our current assessment of H/sub 2/ phenomena.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
3. international meeting on reactor thermal hydraulics, Newport, RI, USA, 15 Oct 1985.
Pratt, W.T.; Jaung, R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369125