Review results of a BWR standard plant PRA and an assessment of potential benefits from design modifications [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) has participated in the review of the GESSAR II Standard Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) Plant probabilistic risk assessment (PRA). One major objective of this review was to utilize the PRA as a tool for investigation of the relative benefits available for incorporation of various proposed modifications to the baseline design. This paper presents the findings of the BNL review and assessment of the impact upon core damage frequency from two suggested design modifications. This work was restricted to consideration of interal events only. Review results indicated that the point estimate core damage frequency of the GESSAR II plant is equal to 2.2 x 10/sup -5//reactor-year for a plant site located within the Mid-Atlantic Area Council Grid (MAAC) and 3.8 x 10/sup -5//reactor-year if the national average loss of offsite power initiator frequency is used.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-nureg-35754
E 1.99: conf-850206-22
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International ANS/ENS topical meeting on probabilistic safety methods and applications, San Francisco, CA, USA, 24 Feb 1985.
Rubin, M.; Hanan, N.; Shiu, K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369180