Reactivity feedback from irradiated pin failure in unprotected slow TOP accidents in LMFBR's [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1984.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The present work is an outgrowth of studies made in support of CRBR licensing, but the conclusions drawn should be generally applicable to oxide-fueled LMFBR's. The accident under consideration is a 10 cents/s unprotected TOP (transient overpower), for which a series of PLUTO2/SAS4A calculations has been performed using a higher power CRBR EOC3 fuel pin which had 275 days irradiation. The assumption was made in the licensing work that a short pin failure will occur at the axial midplane, maximizing the positive fuel motion reactivity effect, as it was felt that a less conservative assumption could not be conclusively justified. This assumption is also made in the present case.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ANS/ENS fast reactor safety meeting, Knoxville, TN, USA, 21 Apr 1985.
Pizzica, P.A.; Hummel, H.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369266