Seismic and layout design for a tank-type fast reactor [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 20 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Hitachi Ltd. of Japan, with the assistance of the Bechtel Group, Inc. and the General Electric Company of the US, initiated a conceptual design study of a compact tank-type LMFBR. The Bechtel work concentrated on layout of the nuclear island (NI), and its orientation with respect to the Control (CB) and Turbine (TGB) Buildings. This joint effort was carried out during 1982 and 1983 in four steps. Each step produced improvements in the design and reduced the plant size and cost. This paper described the design evolution and the final result with respect to Bechtel's development of the NI layout.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-840614-111
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Annual meeting of the American Nuclear Society, New Orleans, LA, USA, 3 Jun 1984.
Davies, S.M.; Goodman, L.; Yamaki, Hideo.
Hitachi Ltd., Ibaraki (Japan)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369420