Proposal for charging heat treatment test elements GEH-10-44 & 45 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1961.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The objective of this irradiation is to determine the differences in irradiation behavior; typified by dimensional changes, surface roughness, and overall distortion; resulting from elements of similar fabrication history but different beta heat treating schedule. The fuel will be the inner tube only of an NPR fuel assembly. Both elements were heated in chloride salt at 730C; one was rapidly quenched and the other air cooled to obtain a wide variation in grain size and structure and residual stress.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Young, F.E.; Kemper, R.S.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 01/01/1961 - 01/01/1961
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369447