Air velocity profiles near sleeve blockages in an unheated 7 x 7 rod bundle. [PWR] [electronic resource].
- Columbus, Ohio : Battelle Memorial Institute, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 13 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Local air velocity measurements were obtained with a laser Doppler anemometer near flow blockages in an unheated 7 x 7 rod bundle. Sleeve blockages were positioned on the center nine rods to create an area reduction of 90% in the center four subchannels of the bundle. Experimental results indicated that severe flow disturbances occurred downstream from the blockage cluster but showed only minor flow disturbances upstream from the blockage. Flow reversals were detected downstream from the blockage and persisted for approximately five subchannel hydraulic diameters. The air velocity profiles were in excellent agreement with water velocity data previously obtained at essentially the same Reynolds number. Subchannel average velocity predictions obtained with the COBRA computer program were in good agreement with subchannel average velocities estimated using the measured local velocity data.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnl-sa-7771
E 1.99: conf-790808-22
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
18. ASME national heat transfer conference, San Diego, CA, USA, Aug 1979.
Creer, J. M.; Bates, J. M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369655