BEACON/MOD2A [electronic resource] : a computer program for subcompartment analysis of nuclear reactor containment. A user's manual. [PWR].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 334 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The BEACON code is a Best Estimate Advanced Containment code which being developed by EG and G, Idaho, Inc., at the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory. The program is designed to perform a best estimate analysis of the flow of a mixture of air, water, and steam in a nuclear reactor containment system under loss-of-coolant accident conditions. The code can simulate two-component, two-phase fluid flow in complex geometries using a combination of two-dimensional, one-dimensional, and lumped-parameter representations for the various parts of the system. The current version of BEACON, which is designated BEACON/MOD2A, contains mass and heat transfer models for wall film and for wall conduction. It is suitable for the evaluation of short term transients in PWR dry containment systems. This manual describes the models employed in BEACON/MOD2A and specifies code implementation requirements. It provides application information for input data preparation and for output data interpretation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:cdap-tr-051
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Wells, R. A.
Idaho National Engineering Lab., Idaho Falls (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369688