Potential hazard to secondary containment from HCDA-generated missiles and sodium fires. [LMFBR] [electronic resource].
- Menlo Park, Calif. : SRI International, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- SRI International and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The potential hazard of HCDA-generated missiles is analyzed, and the current status of the potential hazards of sodium fires is summarized. Simple analyses are performed to determine lower bounds on the HCDA energetics required to generate missiles that could reach the secondary containment structure of a 1000-MWe LMFBR. The potential missiles considered include the vessel head, components mounted on the head, and conrol rods.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:san-0115-097-t1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369700