Steam explosion triggering and efficiency studies. [BWR; PWR] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Laboratory experiments on the thermal interaction of simulated light water reactor (LWR) fuel melts and water are summarized. Their purpose was to investigate the possibility of steam explosions occurring for a range of hypothetical accident conditions. Pressure, temperature, hot liquid motion and cold liquid motion were monitored during the experiments.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand-78-0261c
E 1.99: conf-790429-1
- Published through SciTech Connect.
4. specialist meeting on fuel-coolant interaction in nuclear reactor safety, Bournemouth, UK, 2 Apr 1979.
Buxton, L.D.; Nelson, L.S.; Benedick, W.B.
Sandia Labs., Albuquerque, NM (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369792