Dynamic analysis of LOFT reactor flow skirt/core filler assembly for LOCA + SSE [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 62 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A detailed dynamic analysis of the LOFT reactor core support structures was performed to determine the ability of the flow skirt/core filler and hold-down springs to withstand Loss-of-Coolant Accident (LOCA) plus Safe Shutdown Earthquake (SSE) loadings. A double-ended offset shear occurring in 15 msec (5 msec break time + msec for offset to occur) in the intact loop at the reactor vessel nozzle provided the basis for LOCA loads. The flow skirt/core filler and lower core support structure separate from the core barrel approximately 0.068 in. as a result of the hot leg LOCA. This small displacement and the resulting impact loads produce stresses in the springs, core barrel, flow skirt/core filler, and shear pins within allowables as specified in Section III of the ASME Code for faulted conditions.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ltr-1115-39
E 1.99: re-a-78-071
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Idaho National Engineering Lab., Idaho Falls (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14369954