Remote control system for a 2-MW research reactor [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A fault-tolerant programmable logic controller (PLC) and operator workstations have been programmed to replace the hard-wired relay control system in the 2-MW Bulk Shielding Reactor at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. In addition to the PLC and remote and local operator workstations, auxiliary systems include a video system, an intercom system, and a fiber optic communication system. The equipment has been designed with reliability and fail-safe features as important considerations. Significant features of the system are described. 2 refs., 4 figs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Industry Applications Society annual meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 2 Oct 1988.
Battle, R.E.; Corbett, G.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14370004