Analysis of SORS [electronic resource] : a computer program for analyzing fission product release from HTGR cores during transient temperature excursions
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 87 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The code SORS was written by General Atomic to calculate the release of fission products from the fuel into the primary coolant during a hypothetical uncontrolled transient temperature excursion. The code assumes that the graphite core remains structurally intact. The release from the fuel particles is calculated using a coarse time step for several sections of the core. For the non-volatile elements, the code calculates a diffusion rate and an evaporation rate in each section of the core. The expression used for the evaporation rate is found to be incompatible with the rest of the assumptions used in the calculation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-nureg-50806
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14370030