Audit calculation of the limiting CESSAR feedwater-line-break transient with RELAP5/MOD1. [PWR] [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1983.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) performed a series of audit calculations of the limiting FLB transient presented in Appendix 15B to the CESSAR FSAR, supported by a limited number of additional calculations to investigate the sensitivity of the results (in terms of peak primary reactor system pressure) to break area and reactor trip time. The latter calculations were performed to quantify potential benefits in crediting reactor tip on low steam generator downcomer water level, which occurs earlier than the trip shown in the limiting FSAR transient, which tripped on high pressurizer pressure. These calculations were performed to verify the break spectrum results presented by C-E and to insure that C-E did indeed analyze the limiting transient. All of the ANL calculations were performed with RELAP5/MOD1 (cycle 18) using an input deck developed at ANL from CESSAR plant data provided by C-E. In this paper we compare the results and provide insight into the generic behavior of a Feedwater Line Break transient.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-830901-6
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Anticipated and abnormal plant transients in light water reactors conference, Jackson, WY, USA, 26 Sep 1983.
Kennedy, M.F.; Chung, K.S.; Guttmann, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14370103