Nuclear data for actinide production and depletion calculations [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 20 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The status of nuclear cross section data required for actinide depletion calculations in thermal reactors is summarized, and recommendations are made for future work. The primary fertile and fissile nuclides (/sup 232/Th, /sup 233/U, /sup 235/U, /sup 238/U, and /sup 239/Pu) are not reviewed. Nuclear data for the transactinium mass region are, with few exceptions, reasonably complete and adequate for current thermal-reactor depletion calculations. There is a real need, however, for well-documented reactor production studies to use as benchmarks for data testing. 3 figures, 6 tables.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Seminar on nuclear data problems for thermal reactor applications, Upton, NY, USA, 22 May 1978.
Du Pont de Nemours (E.I.) and Co., Aiken, S.C. (USA). Savannah River Lab.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14370216