SPRAY code user's report. [LMFBR sodium pipe leaks] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 102 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The SPRAY computer code has been developed to model the effects of postulated sodium spray release from LMFBR piping within containment chambers. The calculation method utilizes gas convection, heat transfer and droplet combustion theory to calculate the pressure and temperature effects within the enclosure. The applicable range is 0-21 mol percent oxygen and .02-.30 inch droplets with or without humidity. Droplet motion and large sodium surface area combine to produce rapid heat release and pressure rise within the enclosed volume.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1977., "hedl-tme-76-94", Shire, P.R., and Hanford Engineering Development Lab., Richland, WA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14370386