K Reactor uncooled HCR [electronic resource] : Equilibrium temperature study
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1966.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Temperature calculations were made on a proposed design of an uncooled horizonal control rod (HCR) for the K Reactors. The calculations were performed with the aid of a FORTRAN coded heat transfer program for the UNIVAC 1107. The results of the calculations indicate that such a control rod is feasible for.4400 Mw and 5000 Mw operation provided certain precautions are taken. These precautions include assuring good contact between the rod and the graphite in the high flux regions and Providing reasonable contact between the graphite stack and the graphite slider plates that will be placed in the bottom of the rod channels prior to rod insertion and use.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 01/01/1966 - 01/01/1966
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14370714