Hydrogen studies during PBF Severe Fuel Damage tests [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The PBF Severe Fuel Damage tests will provide a unique opportunity to address several reactor safety issues. These experiments will simulate severe accidents which include fuel behavior similar to the TMI accident. Rod damage mechanisms, fuel rod fragmentation, rubble bed formation, hydrogen generation and fission product release are among the important phenomena which will be investigated. The on-line hydrogen measurements, supplemented with analyses of grab samples will provide data to evaluate zircaloy oxidation models and define hydrogen behavior during accidents.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-810120-7
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Workshop on the impact of hydrogen on water reactor safety, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 26 Jan 1981.
Hobbins, R R; Osetek, D J; Buescher, B J; Cook, B A.
EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14370884