C Reactor reorificing analysis [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1954. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- during the December 1953 extended outage the process water flow at C Reactor was increased and redistributed to allow reactor operation with a 69 tube enrichment ring in the third lattice unit and with the maximum protection afforded by the trip before boiling operational concept. The redistribution was accomplished by the installation of individual venturi flow meters on approximately 1800 process tubes. Flow and pressure requirements were met by the installation of larger diameter conventional Hanford orifices on about 200 tubes. During the outage, the original Panellit gages were replaced with improved Panellit gages equipped with long vane mercoid switches. The purpose of this memorandum is to review and report the results of the reorificing program and to compare them with predicted behavior.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/12/1954., "hw--30473", "DE93009978", Bloomstrand, R.R., and Hanford Atomic Products Operation, Richland, WA (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 01/01/1954 - 01/01/1954
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14371080