Supplement A to PT-IP-572-A effect of eccentricity on the irradiation behavior of KVNS fuel elements [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1963.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- With the use of smooth-bore Zircaloy-2 process tubes and self- supported fuel elements on a large scale at the K Reactors, establishment of the operating characteristics of this fuel element-process tube configuration is imperative. Under authority of Production Test-IP-409-A, two smooth-bore Zircaloy-2 tubes were routinely charged with KVNS fuel elements. Approximately 520 KVNS fuel elements have been irradiated in this facility. In Production Test-IP-572-A, the coolant temperature distribution in the annulus of the KVNS fuel element-process tube system is being evaluated as a function of fuel element support height. This production test supplement will provide data for further defining the operational characteristics of the self-support fuel element concept.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:hw--76481-c
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Carlson, P.A.; Hladek, K.L.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 04/01/1963 - 04/01/1963
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14371429