Prompt Burst Energetics (PBE) experiment analyses using the SIMMER-II computer code. [LMFBR] [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Two of the Prompt Burst Energetics (PBE) in-pile experiments conducted at Sandia Laboratories PBE-5S and PBE-SG2, have been investigated with SIMMER-II. These two tests utilize fresh uranium oxide and fresh uranium carbide pins, respectively, in stagnant sodium. The purpose of the analysis is to investigate the applicability of SIMMER-II to this type of experiment. Qualitative agreement with measured data is seen for PBE-5S. PBE-SG2 results agree somewhat less well but demonstrate SIMMER-II's potential for describing fuel-coolant-interactions with further model development.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1979., "sand-79-0112c", " conf-790816-47", International meeting on fast reactor safety technology, Seattle, WA, USA, 19 Aug 1979., and Young, M.F.; Tomkins, J.L.; Hitchcock, J.T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14371547