Production Test IP-467-C Supplement B [electronic resource] : Reducing minimum downtime, K Reactors
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1962.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The objective of this Production Test Supplement is to evaluate at a K Reactor the operational aspects of a proposed method for reducing minimum downtime. The proposed method is to partially override the xenon transient with a block of enrichment in the central region of the reactor. The purpose of performing this test at a K reactor in addition to the original test at one of the older reactors, is to examine the operational aspects unique to a K reactor and to evaluate the feasibility of the method for reducing minimum downtime at a reactor of that type. It is expected that differences in operating techniques will be indicated at the K plant because of its greater size, of different speed of control restrictions and of the variation in the reactivity effectiveness of enrichment, rods, and poisons. The experience at B Reactor with the use of enriched core to reduce minimum downtime indicates the feasibility of proceeding with a similar test at one of the K reactors.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:hw--73930
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 06/01/1962 - 06/01/1962
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14371620