User's manual for the CDC-6600 version of AMPX [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 98 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A CDC-6600 version of AMPX-I, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's modular code system for generating coupled multigroup neutron--gamma libraries from ENDF/B data is described. The AMPX modules can generate multigroup neutron cross sections; generate multigroup gamma cross sections; generate gamma yields for gamma-producing neutron interactions; combine neutron cross sections, gamma cross sections, and gamma yields into ''couples sets;'' perform one-dimensional discrete-ordinates-transport or diffusion-theory calculations for neutrons and gammas and, on option, collapse the cross sections to broad-group structure, with the one-dimensional results used as weighting functions; and output multigroup cross sections in convenient formats for other codes. 7 figures, 4 tables.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand-77-1148
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Pickard, P. S.; Vandevender, W. H.
Sandia Labs., Albuquerque, NM (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14371862