TRANS4 [electronic resource] : a computer code calculation of solid fuel penetration of a concrete barrier. [LMFBR; GCFR].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 42 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The computer code, TRANS4, models the melting and penetration of a solid barrier by a solid disc of fuel following a core disruptive accident. This computer code has been used to model fuel debris penetration of basalt, limestone concrete, basaltic concrete, and magnetite concrete. Sensitivity studies were performed to assess the importance of various properties on the rate of penetration. Comparisons were made with results from the GROWS II code.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Kumar, R.; Fink, J. K.; Ono, C. M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14372478