Trip report, Battelle Memorial Institute, January 25--26, 1955 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1955. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- W. J. O`Leary and R. R. Herries visited BMI to review the progress of subcontract research on extended surface fuel elements and on the consolidation of thorium powder. 1. Seven electrodes of Horizons` powder have been pressed and satisfactorily arc melted under various conditions. 2. A second lot of 18 to 20 lbs. of Horizons` metal has been received at BMI for melting. 3. Eighteen of the proposed 33 ``half-dollar`` uranium corrosion samples for investigation of higher bonding pressures have been prepared. Ten of these are on test in boiling distilled water. 4. Three ERL fluid-pressure-bonded uranium corrosion samples failed due to sheath rupture after 31-33 days on test; no ``undercutting`` was evident. These samples have shown satisfactory corrosion resistance.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/03/1955., "dpw--55-24-2", " sr/h--797", "DE94018609", Herries, R.R., and Du Pont de Nemours (E.I.) and Co., Wilmington, DE (United States). Atomic Energy Div.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14372553